MIRA Safety CM-7M Military Gas Mask
There are gas masks, and then there are gas masks.
And if there is one company in the game I trust to protect myself and my family should we need to use one, it's Mira Safety.
We have multiple adult and kids masks from them, a PAPR breathing system, and a bevy of their filters.
But if I could only chose one, it would have to be be their CM-7M mask.
BTW If you buy anything with the links we provide on this page we might get a small percentage of the sale. For more info click here.
Before We Get Started
If you are looking to learn more about how gas masks work, what kinds are available, or really anything at all about respirators and CBRN masks - check out our Ultimate Gas Mask Guide, then come back here.
The Mira Safety CM-7M Gas Mask
So why would this be my only mask?
First and foremost, this is a very well made mask. It is made from premium materials and does its job very well. You can rely on it when you need it most.
That said, make sure you know how to ensure put your gas mask on properly or even the best mask is useless.
For those who like bulleted lists:
- Comfortable for a gas mask, you can wear it all day
- Easy to take on and off thanks to that comfortable back strap system
- Low air-flow resistance, it's easy to breathe
- Fits up to 2 NATO-standard 40 mm gas mask filters (widely available with a variety of protection levels)
- Comes with a pre-installed hydration system and canteen and compatible with CamelBak water bladders with a Type M adapter
- Integrated speech diaphragm allows for easier communication, you can be heard well by others
- Outstanding resistance against all kinds of CBRN agents, industrial toxic gases, riot control gases, etc.
- Compatible with the MIRAVISION Spectacle Kit (sold separately)
If you need a cheek weld, or use optics then the CM-7M fits the bill. If you don't, then the Mira CM-6M gives you a better field of vision.
This is a military grade mask, and has years of life to it if it is stored in a cool, dry place and cleaned each time it is used.
The storage and service life of the CM-7M full-face respirator / tactical gas mask is 20 years from the date of production, provided that the recommended storage conditions are observed.
Also, the drink tube on the front is a must have, you'll want water after wearing this thing after a few hours.
Gas Mask Sizing
To size yourself, it would require a device called a faciometer which is not very common.
The CM-7M comes in 3 sizes.
|Size No.||Size in inches|
|Size 1||5.19 – 5.51 inch (small)|
|Size 2||5.51 – 5.82 inch (medium) (universal most used)|
|Size 3||5.82 – 6.14 inch (large)|
Size 2 (medium) fits 95% of the population, so if you're an average size person, we would suggest size 2. For smaller than average people who weigh 130 lbs or less, with thin faces, we would suggest size 1 (small). For users over 250 lbs and wide faces, go with large.
You will know the size is right if you do a negative pressure test (blocking the inhalation valve and taking a deep breath), and the mask seals tightly to your face.
Please Note: Filters are NOT included. Please make sure to choose the appropriate size on the drop-down menu when you are ordering if you need them.
IDK what these dudes are doing, but if hopefully you won't ever need your mask for anything other than LARP'ing!
Where To Get One
Typical Price: $250
A fantastic military-grade CBRN gas mask. This is the one you want to add to your collection.
- Made from bromobutyl rubber that’s highly resistant to CBRN agents
- Crafted for military and rescue operations, and HAZMAT handling
- Suitable for industrial or domestic emergency preparedness
- Use with 40mm NATO gas mask filter or PAPR
- Serves as the current military issue full-face respirator for the Czech Republic and Latvia